good afternoon. Can you please help me w...

Asked by Anonymous on 20-01-2021 15:32:22
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

good afternoon. Can you please help me with legal advice. I am living with my x fiancé we were engaged for almost 2 years. I We are living together for 3years. He verbal abuse me when he is drunk. He sell my car and said that he will provide me with a car. Then he bought a Ford `ranger on my name, that we did sell last year. He bought a Mercedes for me to drive with. I have broke off the engagement can't take the abuse anymore. I still live with him because he said I must resign and work for him. I had a good salary, medical aid and pension. He said he will give met R10 000 per months and pay all my diesel. Every time he is drunk he said if I leave the house he will take the car and don't pay my salary. On Monday he was drunk again and swears at me and then I lost it and swears at him too. He said he wish I could just leave the house, I have no place to go. Then I decided that I will go to my family in Northern Cape. He said he will take the car and my salary if I leave. I don't know what can I do that is legal. I can't stay in this house anymore. Yesterday he let with his friends to go and kuier. He said If I leave his dogs at home and go sleep with my daughter he will take my salary. Is there anything I can do? I have all the whatsapps and email and biocked messages that he send to me.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.