HiCan my mother claim rehab fees from me...

Asked by RonelJ on 24-01-2021 18:03:00
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng


Can my mother claim rehab fees from me years after if she never arranged or informed me of any such agreement before the time

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 26-01-2021 10:01:41

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

It really does depend on what the agreement was. Was it agreed that your mother would pay for your rehab costs and that you would then pay her back?

If yes, then she can claim it back from you.

If no, as in that was never discussed or agreed, then I don't know on what basis she is claiming it. Maybe she can't.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.