I engaged with a provider to install hom...

Asked by IrshadS on 25-01-2021 12:53:38
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Gauteng

I engaged with a provider to install home backup power system for me, i was quoted and followed through with the agreement, a few months after the solution was installed(less than 6 months) the hardware failed, the installer advised there's a problem with the wiring of the building, of which i had an electrician look at and was told theres no problem, after a few more months of begging and constantly following up with the provider, another inverter unit was issued to me, i was told it was a new one, i then had an electrician come through to install, and after a few minutes the unit malfunctioned. i then took the unit to the distributors of the brand, they advised  its not their product and its not an orginal that it was portrayed to be, ie, ive been sold a fake product. so i want to know now how can i get my money back from the orginal supplier ? whom can collect all the equipment supplied. 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 26-01-2021 10:08:49

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

It sounds to me (based on what you've said) that the provider of the system sold you a fake unit, and your claim lies against them to take their fake unit back and give you your money back!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.