Hi, I would like to know how to deal wit...

Asked by sewiid on 03-02-2021 14:22:04
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi, I would like to know how to deal with a colleague who keeps on "attacking" me in front of superiors. He would make comments like "lack of prior intervention", "severe lack of understanding" and accusing me of “making malicious, unsubstantiated statements, with the intention of defaming him”. Then threatening me with legal implications and an impact on working relations. Everything I say are puled out of proportion and turned into some sort of battle. We had a prior personal relationship that did not work out. He is now engaged to someone else, but we still need to work together. However, as we currently compete for the same promotion opportunity, he does everything possible to discredit me and put me in a bad light. How do I stop this. In my view, this is bullying. What are my rights? Please advise.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 04-02-2021 15:55:08

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to speak to your immediate boss about the working relationship and ask that your boss give guidance, or you need to go to HR and basically do the same thing.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.