Good day, I trust you will be able to gi...

Asked by Gerdie on 06-10-2014 09:13:22
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

Good day,

I trust you will be able to give me advise.

1 week & 2 days ago my husband decided he wants a divorce & he moved out. Leaving me & my 2 little boys behind. I have plead that we do not consider a divorce. We need to counselling first but he refuses.

While both of us are not little angels. During the last 3 months I have not receive any love, affection or attention from him. So the first bit of attention I received from an outsider I started to talk. This went both ways. However I have cut all tides with the men I talked to. He however are still talking to the women he did.

This morning I was advise that he is not willing to continue & that I will hate him for the things about to happen. He has filed for a divorce & that he is not willing to work on the marriage. He also wants to do tests to find out if both boys are his. I know he can do this, but what is my rights in this regard & also my 2 boys rights?

Furthermore, I want to first work on my marriage & then if it does not work, I will agree, but he also needs some psychological help. Can I refuse to sign the papers of divorce?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.