i am starting a non profit organisation ...

Asked by MnguniG on 05-02-2021 12:48:15
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

i am starting a non profit organisation which is based on helping people to apply for higher education institutions, apply for funding of their choice, provide free extra tuition programmes for grade 12 students and do community projects. The thing is that we now want to make our organisation legit, we want to regist it so we can have sponsors but when we look at the things we should have in order to regist it we dont understand them, these things are 

-Trust- deeds of trust and letter of authorisation from the courts

-Section 21- certificate of incorporation and memorandum and articles of  association

-Voluntary association-constitution

we would like to get clarity on these things 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.