Good dayI'm the executor of my late moth...

Asked by Mandisa on 25-02-2021 10:37:24
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day

I'm the executor of my late mother's estate. The estate has paid off the Standard Bank home loans (2) however we are yet to acquire the title deeds or occupancy.

I was under the impression that once the home loans associated with bonds were repayed, you owned the house not the bank.

Should the agent assisting me have cancelled the two bonds inorder to retain the title deeds?

What are my current options for obtain the properties ( Jhb & Pta ) ?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 27-02-2021 20:33:50

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Once the home loan has been settled, the bank needs to cancel the bond which is registered over the property. Once the bond has been cancelled, then the bank MUST give you the title deeds. 

What are my current options for obtain the properties ( Jhb & Pta )? --> Ask the bank to instruct its attorneys to cancel the mortgage bonds and give you the title deeds. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.