Good day.Hope I can get advice. I had my...

Asked by candicel on 01-10-2016 12:25:05
Question posted in the Malpractice Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day.

Hope I can get advice. I had my breasts augmented in 2012 by Dr D.

Last year I found a lump in my breast and after having scans done, they found that the lump was infact a rupture. (Implants have a lifetime guarantee and are supposed to be cohesive gel and not be able to rupture)

Dr D was overseas at the time of this and I was referred to Dr K who confirmed the rupture. 

After awaiting Dr E to get back to SA to see him (which was 3 weeks and then left again) I didn't manage to see him as he was in and out of theatre. I found out he then left and emigrated. 

I went to see Dr V 3 weeks ago (Dr E nurses recommendation) and he again confirmed a rupture. 

I then found out that the implant which D E used, is no longer (gone under) which was NAGOR. 

After hunting them down (Eurosilicon) I was called back and in a hurry told "we will sort it out at no charge to you at all but you will go to Dr K. thanks bye"

After speaking to Dr K nurse, it was told to me that they will cover the one implant but rest of the op I must cover - r45k.....I dont have that and obviously medical aid won't cover it either and I fear for my health. 

Please advise

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.