What steps can I take against an ex empl...

Asked by CH on 08-03-2021 14:22:45
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

What steps can I take against an ex employer who received an arbitration award in July 2019 and in September 2019 decided to liquidate one of the companies without advising me and then got their hr consulting company 'law emporium' director to call me and give me the news on 06 August 2020. What do I do. The company director has been evasive and in my opinion has not been transparent in any aspect of business. The consulting company director also verbally harassed me, when I mentioned that I was employed by both entities and the assets were not split at the time of my employment. Please advise. I don't have the means to take them to court as I am basically unemployed and only do voluntary work as a typist these days. I have been unable to find work since being summary dismissed in December 2018.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-03-2021 15:49:04

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You would need to submit a claim with the liquidator of the company, and use the arbitration award as your supporting document.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.