Good day, My partner has 2 children from...

Asked by Andrea on 24-03-2021 07:26:03
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good day, 

My partner has 2 children from a previous relationship. Due to the trying times of COVID he lost his job and became unemployed, therefore being unable to pay maintenance for 3 or so months. The matter was discussed with the mother of the children and there was the understanding established that when he gets reemployed that he could restart maintenance. He saw his kids In January over a weekend, and since then she has kept them away from him, no contact, no visitations and no real explanation as to why. I want to find out his rights going forward and how this issue can be resolved, ending upwith him being able to see him children on a regular basis? I also want to make it known that there is now legal agreement between the two of them with regards to visitation etc, so what is the next step forward?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.