I was asked by my ex brother in law to h...

Asked by Wiehan on 06-04-2021 11:30:17
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

I was asked by my ex-brother in law to help him fix or sell his car. I received the car but it was in a bad state, I asked a family member to help out with the mevhanics and so forth and also if he knows of someone that might want to buy the car. After months of asking about the car he said that the car is with the mechanic and gave me his number, I then contacted the mechanic and ge informed me that the car has been sold and the monies were paid to my family member, the buyer the decided that he does not want the car anymore as he was asking for the reg papers of the car and got no feedback, I do have the reg papers in my possesion but wad unaware of the sale. I was told that the moenies were returned to the buyer but when the mechanic wanted to go and pick the car up it was already stripped and parts were missing. What are the steps I should take next, the family member gave the go ahead for the sale and did not inform me.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.