Hi.We are a group of shuttle companies r...

Asked by Aubrey on 11-04-2021 07:46:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng


We are a group of shuttle companies rendering services to one Government body. We have been with them for over eight years some over fifteen years though no formal contract with them but we are given work on a weekly basis (especially since this global pandemic), so in 2020 April they appointed a travel agent. It looks like now this agency  wants to stop using us for transport services even though this actual client is our only source of income. My question is Do we have any legal ground to stand on since we have been servicing then for so long or simply because we have no formal contract we can't do anything

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-04-2021 16:39:42

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If you don't have a written contract, you would still have an oral agreement. But I don't know whether that oral agreement can be taken to mean "forever into the future"...

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.