So i got my girlfriend pregnant 3 months...

Asked by Enrique on 28-04-2021 08:19:40
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

So i got my girlfriend pregnant 3 months ago.Shes 18 and im 19.Im stil living with my mom and are poor.i still have to go to school for 2 years because they put me in the wrong grade. So my question is can they sue me for child support or sue someone that's in my family because my grandparents is on pention so dont want to get them involved. Im still taking responsibility and want to be part of my child. I hope you understand my question

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 29-04-2021 23:21:25

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes, the mother can sue you for child support. They can also sue your parents for child support if you can't afford it. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.