Good evening,I need some legal advice re...

Asked by Anonymous on 29-04-2021 20:57:46
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Good evening,I need some legal advice regarding maintenance from my daughter's father who I currently unemployed. I have taken all responsibility regarding her maintenance however, I am not coping financially and I am putting myself in debt to ensure that my daughter comes short of nothing. 

I would also like guidence in terms of custody of my child. Her father is a unfit parenta in a sense where he is under the influence of substance abuse while around my daughter and considers this to be okay. I live my my mom and he caused chaos in my home. I feel that he is an emotional abuser. My daughter is over her dad however because she is very fond of him and he knows it,he has habits of making appearances to my home just make my daughter excited and then to leave again so that she can cry after him. He is the "fun" parent between the two of us and I am more stern.

I don't want to take his daughter away from him however,his own household stances is not good either. His brother is an alcoholic and my main concern is that when he is drunk on any occasion he has the habit of performing and showing bad behaviour which is not good Infront of my child.

Please advise. I need help. I don't know what to do .

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.