Person fraudulently misrepresented me in...

Asked by Richie on 18-05-2021 11:17:36
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Western Cape

Person fraudulently misrepresented me in a huge financial loan contract for their personal gain. This individual also had a witness (currently unknown to me) sign as affirmation of him/her being present when I presumably signed. Signature is not even similar to mine but definitely that of individual I need legal action against except that he used my initials where he would normally have signed his initials. I received copy of the signed document from director of the business in their boardroom in presence of the business financial manager and a friend who drove me to meet the director after his telephone call to me that they indeed have a consent form on file stating that I signed in entering the financial contract. I am unemployed, fail all means tests for legal aid,  uct law clinic and today was telephonically told by Probono Lawyers reception in Cape Town that I will fail test there too due to value of my 50% portion  of jointly owned fixed property that can only be sold once my challenges of 8 year acrimonious divorce reaches settlement in court. Individual is a Deputy Director of Correctional services and clearly doors are closing on my matters as soon as I mention his position in the department. How do I now proceed as Saps also remains challenged despite their efforts to obtain an order to uplift filed evidence at the business in question. I am unemployed and receive minimal spousal maintenance and not sure where else this Deputy Director of Corrections would've used my name. I clearly need advise on what my options are here as he is getting away with this too easily because of his position. A big shame as evidence of the corruption that exists in entities that we rely on and supposed to trust to act within our wellbeing and rights. Please assist in giving me direction here. This individual is the respondent in our lengthy acrimonious divorce which I cannot afford private lawyer for and he constantly/intentionaly does not report back to his consultations etc with his own lawyer. Have that on email from an attorney who previoudly attempted to get a  update from defense attorney on progress of matters then. Kind regards. 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 19-05-2021 22:20:50

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Is this person your husband?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

Information provided by client

Thank you. Respondent is spouse in acrimonious divorce matter. Married community of property. Afraid I saw this yo be a free service but now that i see i need to pay..I unfortunately have no income thus had not responded earlier. Currently cannot afford anything as indicated in my previously described situation, thus seems I am left with no advise once again.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.