Hi, my daughter's father and I ended our...

Asked by Anon22 on 15-06-2021 11:11:18
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi, my daughter's father and I ended our relationship 2 years ago and he has since been with multiple women. He's also been sexually harassing me at my home and via WhatsApp for the past year and a half.

He will ask to visit my daughter just to get to me. He had touched me in appropriately multiple times and has forced himself on me previously too to the point where I needed to push him away forcefully.

He is also using my daughter as a tool to threaten me. Many times my daughter doesn't want to spend time with him and he gets rude with her. I need to know what I can do regarding this.

We were never married. He has never supported my daughter financially, in her education, extra mural activities etc.

Also his current partner is forcing him to stay away from my daughter.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 17-06-2021 11:46:40

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If you think that your daughter's safety is of concern, then you must NOT let the father near the daughter. Let him go to court to get a visitation order.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.