Hi. Hope you are well. Since last year m...

Asked by real_amberjade_ on 20-06-2021 09:17:15
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi. Hope you are well. Since last year maybe November - I attended an event with a friend in Cape Town ( night club ) as most girls do on a night out, we were dressed provocatively. I'm 21. She's 23 and we both have a social media presence. There was 3 people who made it publicly known that they weren't impressed with what we were wearing ( called multiple names ) , obviously I didn't think too much about it bec I don't care. However , specifically since that night or the day after , I had been receiving messages from multiple numbers and this continued on in the new year. Even to this day , the numbers messaging me would pretend to be someone I know - trying to lure me out , asking where I am ect. I obviously have the real peoples number so I know it's not them. Last night I got a message again on WhatsApp - pretending to be someone I know. My friend had also received the same message from the same number - same like last year and quite honestly this is becoming mentally draining. It's phone calls with someone just breathing over the phone ( at 4am, 3am ) I want to know what my options are and if I'm allowed to post these numbers and offer a reward to anyone that gives accurate information on who these numbers are. This has been Months of torture and quite childish at this point.

please advise. Thank you. Amber x email : ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS***

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 22-06-2021 20:59:36

Hi there Amber,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I'm sorry to hear about this. What it is, is criminal harassment, and you should report it to the SAPS. They can investigate the matter and through RICA, find out who the numbers belong to, and then go "talk" to those people. Don't feel scared about reporting it to SAPS. What this person is doing is a crime. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.