I was engaged to a lady for 12 years we ...

Asked by HugoP on 30-06-2021 09:33:28
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

I was engaged to a lady for 12 years we got separated 3 years ago because of her drug addiction she had two kids of a previous marriage and had sole custody of the kids the father of kids was never involved and did not pay maintenance he saw the kids maybe 5 times in the years we were together the kids new me as their father and the youngest even calling me dad after we split up she lost everything and send the kids to their father for the past 3 years I had little contact with kids as the father kept them from me I recently started talking to the kids via WhatsApp they told me they are not happy and wants to come stay with me and my new fiance the eldest even spoke of taking her own life I love these kids as if they were my own as I don't have kids and accepted them as my own what do I stand to do with getting kids to stay with me 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.