Greetings, A month or two ago a former f...

Asked by ThandoG on 02-07-2021 13:50:52
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal


A month or two ago a former friend gave me money to trade in the financial market on his behalf. He was fully aware of the risk but gave me the go ahead, as the money depreciated he still insisted I carry on. When the funds eventually blew (got lost) he told me he wants me to repay the entire amount. May I add that whenever the amount depreciated , I’d add my own funds from my pocket to make the amount substantial. There was no form of documentation which states that the amount be refunded and more to it, the individual was updated every time.

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-07-2021 19:07:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I think that your friend has a problem, because he knew the risks in investing the money in the financial market. 

But you might also have a problem, because you are not a registered financial services provider - so you really should not be helping people trade.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.