I acquired a vehicle through financing f...

Asked by Lorraine on 26-07-2021 12:07:32
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Limpopo

I acquired a vehicle through financing from MFC, my partner then had to leave his job to to health problems and i contacted MFC explaining that, even asked if they could reduce my instalment or swap for a cheaper car.  Few months down the line i got calls from consultants who told me that if i surrender the vehicle then i would not need to pay any other fees except what i had in arrears.  now MFC has handed me over to their attorneys because i have not paid the R118973 they want.  I was told there would not be any fees except maybe a small amount tht may be the shortfall after the car auction, but now i'm threatened to pay almost the full amount of the vehicle.

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 30-07-2021 11:12:00

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Did you surrender the vehicle to MFC? 

How is the R118,973 calculated? Do you know?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.