Good evening. Hope you are well. I would...

Asked by Chantelle on 24-08-2021 20:22:11
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Good evening. Hope you are well. I would like some advice regarding child maintenance. I have 2 children and me and the father separated more than a year ago. Last year I took him to maintenance court and the amount was settled at R4000 plus medical aid. He paid the child support up untill  Dec, no medical aid. He since has not paid any money towards the children.  What can I do pleas3? It is hard in these times as a single mom. Thank you for your time

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 25-08-2021 09:45:30

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You would need to go back to the Maintenance Court and apply for a writ of execution, so you can attach his assets to sell in execution.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.