I need legal advise regarding unpaid chi...

Asked by Susan on 12-08-2021 14:08:29
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I  need legal advise regarding unpaid child maintenance. The father is unemployed according to him and he does not support with any money. I remarried and he did, but he is still not contributing anything towards his son

What can i do?

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 13-08-2021 15:59:00

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You can still get a court order which obliges him to make payment of something, because the court will still look at his assets, not only his income. e.g. he might own a house, or a car, or a motorbike, which he could sell in order to pay the maintenance.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would4 like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.