Hia.My grandmother has been trying to ge...

Asked by Nkulu on 25-08-2021 16:35:33
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal


My grandmother has been trying to get my late brother's Estate but the lawyer at Master magistrate court does not want to give her a letter of authority since 2017.She has all the required documents but still hasn't recieved the letter.

Which is the following step that she can take in order for her to obtain the letter,since she is not recieving any help from the office at the Master of the High court.

Thank you in advance

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 26-08-2021 18:16:03

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Is there a lawyer who won't give her the letters of authority, or somebody at the Master's office?

What is the reason? Do you know?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.