Child maintance areas i have a court ord...

Asked by daneliak on 29-09-2021 00:58:48
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Child maintance areas-  i have a court order of R1500, before i became unemployed. my ex is claiming 27000 in arreas for the time period that i was unemployed. My family always assisted where they could but the didnt pay as per my court order. Ive bern employed for 18 months now, and ive been giving what i can. (Question 1)  I cant afford to pay that amout, 27 000, pls advise. (Question 2) Can opposing council request my income and expenses?

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 30-09-2021 12:35:09

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

To answer your questions briefly, I don't know what you can do about the arrears, and opposing counsel can request income and expenses from you, including bank statements.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.