I enetered into a settlement agreement w...

Asked by Faaizah on 05-10-2021 16:50:06
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

I enetered into a settlement agreement with my ex husband 2 years ago. This was not made an order of court but just a mutual agreement between the 2 parties regarding cutody and maintenance. this agreement was breached by him 2 years ago. he made no contact with my kids. 

He now has contacted me and wants to see them? what do i do?

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-10-2021 19:21:48

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You should allow him access to his children. Both from a moral point of view and also a legal point of view. He is entitled to reasonable access.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.