I wanted to give my baby up for adoption...

Asked by Mbali on 16-11-2021 23:27:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I wanted to give my baby up for adoption when I was pregnant because my boyfriend was abusing me emotionally and embarrassing me in the community and when I gave birth the social worker took my baby but I never signed adoption paper's and I was told to attend physiologist sessions to be ok and I did now the grandmother that was looking after my baby does not want to give her back and turning the social worker against me and she's going to court next week to make sure I don't get my child back and saying thay I drink alcohol of which I do occasionally and using the fact that my first born baby was burnt against me to take my child away, I love my baby and I've tried everything to get her back but they refusing me to get her back is the court going to give away all my legal rights as her parent? 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 19-11-2021 23:00:48

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You need to go to court to fight the person looking after your baby. You will need to show the court that you are able to look after your baby!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.