Hello, I am a mother and wife to a husba...

Asked by TanithL on 12-03-2021 21:37:29
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hello, I am a mother and wife to a husband who works in the Bahamas making a salary in dollars, we did not sign a prenup but we both decided to start divorce proceedings. I currently am unemployed and it was agreed by us both to be a stay at home mother and wife until I return back to the states and find employment. I am now in south Africa for a permanent period until things arr decided going forward. He now wants us both to contribute 50/50 for living expenses but he is well aware that I have no income or finances to contribute....what are my options going forward?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.