I have an 11yrs daughter whose father pa...

Asked by Nthabiseng Thebe on 26-01-2022 17:29:33
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West

I have an 11yrs daughter whose father passed on last year in June 2021 in Cape Town. By the time of death he had 5 children, 3 from same woman, 4th was mine, 5th (04yrs old) by another lady.

He was financially very committed father to all his children, because he was monthly maintaining my child including oaying for her school fees through debit order.

In January 2022 I went to the Master Court to enquire about what's due to my child because of her oustanding school fees & 2022 school fees, only to find that only his 2 eldest children (27yrs + 21yrs) were paid a lump sum of their late father's Pension Funds in November 2021 (4 months later) & that excluded their 12yrs sibling & both their half siblings ( my child included)

I really need your assistance to ensure that I /We recover what is due the other minor siblings

N. Thebe

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-02-2022 22:54:01

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You need to get hold of the pension company and tell them that they excluded some of the children from the pay out and that they need to sort it out. The pension company needs to know that your children were also financially dependent on the father.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.