I got married in 2017 May but same month...

Asked by Snovuyo Xelelo on 08-04-2022 12:00:36
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Eastern Cape

I got married in 2017 May but same month we separated, I have a son back then he was a month old. Now I want divorce and the only thing I want is a sole custody of my son and change his surname, I can't afford the lawyer because I'm unemployed. I need help please, I'm currently in Bizana and the guy is in North West Klerksdorp. 

For more info please call me on 0723187116 or e-mail ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS***.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated

Snovuyo Xelelo

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.