I need advice regarding a sale installme...

Asked by Phillip on 24-05-2022 18:19:57
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

I need advice regarding a sale installment contract for a house that we need to pay R350000 for. The condition being that the person we buy out, will vacate the premises within 30 days. We also need an OTP.

The property is currently in my mother in-law's name and she wants to transfer it over to us, once the other person is bought out.

How do I go about it?

Will I qualify for a home loan or any credit for this?

Will the government's FLISP subsidy support the agreement and OTP? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.