I signed a contract for an automobile ca...

Asked by NoluthandoD on 25-07-2022 08:36:32
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I signed a contract for an automobile cadet programme starting on the first of July however they let me know about getting the position a week before the start date. Because of this and the fact that I had to serve a month's notice at the job I had then, I asked my superiors to relocate and start on the first of August and they agreed. I have however attended all the mandated online trainings and meetings and participated in the courses without fail, the only exception is I have not physically been at the dealership. My contract and superiors made no mention of this potentially being a problem so I went ahead with the process. Today (25th of July), the scheduled payday, the other trainees received their pay however I did not. I'm interested to know if I have any grounds for enquiry or this is legal since I haven't had the opportunity to be at actual work even though I've attended and participated in everything else which is part of the programme during work hours. Am I entitled to any compensation? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.