Hi there I need advice to what I much do...

Asked by MichaelF on 03-08-2022 16:10:23
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi there I need advice to what I much do about my situation at present. In 2012 we bought purchased a Wendy house from our landlords brother for amount of R18000, which was on her property and currently still is. We stayed in it for almost 10 years, from 2017 she cut of our electricity and water until we moved out in Feb this year. We paid her rent which included her water, electricity and usage of her land on which our Wendy was on. We have moved out, but she does not want to give remuneration for the wendy, even if she has someone staying in it currently, she confirmed if before we remove the Wendy we must pay her an X amount. We are in possession of our purchase agreement. What can we do in this situation, is she hi jacking our wendy. Is this lawfully.

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 08-08-2022 19:38:43

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Is the Wendy built into the ground, or is it just resting on bricks/supports on the ground?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.