Good dayI'd like to know where to start ...

Asked by Elvira on 23-08-2022 14:10:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day

I'd like to know where to start with regards to serving an eviction notice. The person living on the property has laid claim because she was my late father's girlfriend, not registered as legal partners or did she move in at all. She just slept there at night, every night. 

I have been given LOA over his estate and I have already gotten as far as having the house transferred onto my brothers name as my father next of kin. It is a municipality house and therefore cannot be transferred onto my name as well as I already have a property registered in my name. We are nearing the completion of transfer and I want to start the process of getting her out.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.