I have a client who has left her car wi...

Asked by Anonymous on 01-12-2020 08:35:51
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

 I have a client who has left her car with me. When the car arrived in my possession, it was not starting, and my job was to get it started and fix the ECU/computer box. The client paid me after 1 month of diagnosis and the car standing on my property for repairing the ECU

I have been trying to get hold of the client ever since to pick up her car. She's wanted to sell it and me being in the auto industry for over 15 years I told her that she wouldn't be able to get the amount she wanted for the car because there is still alot of work to do on it. It's now going on month 6 and she is still ignoring my messages and not picking up when I phone. In last week I had asked her again to please make a plan to pick up the car before I start to charge storage and she agreed to fetch the car last week Friday which didn't happen. I've had to turn away numerous jobs because of this car standing on my property. I want to know what I can do. I have told her that from today the 1st of December we will start invoicing her for storage of the vehicle mainly because of the work I've had to turn away because there's been no plan to fetch the car.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.