Good Day hope you well?Hope you can help...

Asked by Michael Kotze on 03-11-2022 16:02:07
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Good Day hope you well?

Hope you can help me please

i used a lawyer company in Middelburg to sequestrated the cost was the cost was initial fee of R9000 to start off, which i paid email was send cost involve R90000 or R5666.65 for 18 months total amount of R102000.00 extra R12000 which is fair because paying it off. I signed the stop order at the bank for it send it to the lawyers, when the validation was done after a struggle with their valuator came to R35000.00. i paid Cash R45000 and R10000 total R55000 balance of R35000. which i nearly done paying off balance off R2666.65 which i said i will pay end of November . No arrangement was made by myself or any email what must be paid on the remaining R35000 how many months and extra? they want me to pay an extra R11333.35 for the 6 months is that really fair. Court documents that was submitted to the court was as follow. Movable assets R35000 they have R52000 cash which should be actually R55000 paid over to them. So total is R87000.00 which they have Minus the master fee and lawyer costs everything is R28469.80 which leaves R58530.20 for the  people  which I owe the  money to. Then she send  an email me that she will advise the trustee i short paid  and the necessary steps will be taken? please advise.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.