Myself and my husband are separated and ...

Asked by Anonymous on 05-01-2023 10:34:27
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Myself and my husband are separated and my son age 3 is staying with him as i can not afford financially to look after him full time. He has a new girlfriend living with him and for the pas year i have only been able to see my son twice as there is always excuses. I pay R500 maintenance a month with out a court otrder but he feels like of i pay late im not allowed to see my son. They have put him in a day care with out my consent and refuse to tell me where. I can not contact the father directly or the girlfriend as i have been blocked. I know getting a divorce is the best option but as that takes time to settle how do i go about seeing my son amd being informed about my sons life in the mean time? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.