Please helpPermalink Reply Quote Printer...

Asked by Judith on 11-01-2023 12:25:47
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Please helpPermalink Reply Quote  Printer Friendly

Good day

I am currently involved in a Children's court matter.

A social worker was appointed to evaluate my children who placed a report on record with the court.

The Magistrate now does not want to provide set report to the parents with the argument that she needs to protect the children.  I did however file a updated clinical phycologist report on record which the Magistrate is decided not to acknowledge.  However, she wants to take the social worker's report into consideration when making a final order.

There are no 3rd parties involved in this matter, and therefore this cannot be seen as privileged information.  This report is based on the parents parenting the children.

I must be able to defend myself against content that is filed on record.  I cannot do so if set report is deliberately withheld from me.

I need guidance please to the specifics section(s) in the rules and regulations that specify that by law I am entitled to any report filed on record, and that the Magistrate must provide set report when requested.

Thank you in advance.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.