I am 20 years old trying to complete my ...

Asked by Anonymous on 11-03-2023 09:51:37
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

I am 20 years old & trying to complete my matric. I live with my mum and she has her own legal problems. My father physically hit me & I had a concussion and swollen face. I opened a case against him. He denies that he hurt me. I have been told that i must appear in court on the 13th of March 2023, but my dad told me that i must go there, of all the trials i have not been updated by the detective that is with my case,  the only way i find out about whats happening with the case is from my father, and not the detective or the court, i need to know if i should appear, this is my first time opening my own case,  i need legal representation please. I can’t afford a lawyer and my father intimidates me & my mum. Can you help me please.,

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.