Hi i just want to know me and my exgirlf...

Asked by Arno on 15-04-2023 17:30:29
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi i just want to know me and my exgirlfriend live together and we broke up 2 weeks ago and we live in a rental cottage on the landlords property and im the only one on the lease and im renting through a agency and stuff is really hectic in household with her here. We have a child together and she has one of her own she doesn't have a job and doesn't contribute alot eg the rent is 5500 electricity is about 1500-1800 and groceries about 4000 and she only contributes around 1500 to 1800 sometimes. And i told her she has 3 months to get a job and move out just to be nice but she really makes it hard to live with. We had an argument and she says i cant kick her out and that i should try. Is it true what she says?

But im really thinking of telling her to leave month end but i dont want her to leave with my baby boy i can provide for him and im also legal father and on the birth certificate. Is it possible i can keep my boy because of reasons i dont think shell be able to provide for him because she has another child aswel and im providing the four of us?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.