Can you please advise the process of rep...

Asked by Unhappy on 20-02-2024 15:57:38
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Limpopo

Can you please advise the process of reporting an attorney who was grossly negligent to be held accountable and liable via the LPC with the specific request to:

Refute his/her account;

Reclaim costs which was awarded against me due to his/her negligence;

Claim from the legal fidelity fund?

Ample proof is available.

Or should I rather litigate?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.