hi i need legal advice on the ffg matter...

Asked by sumaiya on 12-01-2015 18:01:25
Question posted in the Malpractice Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

hi i need legal advice on the ffg matter,
7 years ago i had an orperaton done at a medical centre where i had auxillary lumps removed. the doctor at the time was only a gp but told me he could do it and charged me accordingly. i was also told by the receptionists at that medical centre that doctor has performed heart surgery at other hospitals. with full faith i went fwd but the operation was a failure which resulted in me being rushed to a govt hospital late at nigt and having vascular surgey done on a lagated vein. i lost a lot of blood and was in icu. as a result i suffered post traumatic stress and anxiety which i have today even.i did not institute action against him then but now 7 years later both lumps are back and i have approached him now that he is a surgeon but he refuses to help. what are my rights?
this operation is too costly and i cannot afford it and i felt now that the doc was a surgeon he would be in a position to assist. can i sue him for the initial orperation now? ive been told he has lost his licence to practice once before because of malpractice.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.