My husbands nephew has been repeatedly v...

Asked by TM Joynt on 02-10-2017 23:24:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

My husbands nephew has been repeatedly verbally bullied and treated really nastily by boys in his grade 10 class at Technies Tuine Skool the whole year. A few weeks back this became so unbearable as the boys also walk past his home on the weekend hurling insults at him and he punched one of the boys who was going on at him. The father of the boy who was hit is a policeman and got his friends together and laid a charge against our nephew. Neither the teachers nor the head master have been interested in hearing Bryan side of the story. The aggreement was that Bryan would be suspended for a week and the charges would be dropped. The charges however have not been dropped and Bryan has to appeat in court tomorrow at 8:30am. Surely this kind of bullying needs to be addressed and what rights does Bryan have? He has saved whatsapp messages ehere these boys swear at him and tell him they will still be coming after him. Can that not be used in his defence? It is heartbreaking to see a high school boy scared to go to school and drop out of all spirt because of a few boys who treat him terriblu and then just run to their policemen fathers who seem to have some sort of control over the headmaster.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.