Good day,I attended Damelin Centurion fr...

Asked by Keanan on 19-03-2024 10:48:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,I attended Damelin Centurion from 2010 - 2012 and qualified for a diploma in Information Technology. I have never really needed to obtain my physical Diploma as secuirty and background checks were being done wherever i worked.I now want to obtain my diploma from damelin, but they are stating that there are unpaid fees. I was not responsible for paying the fees when i attended, my father was paying the fees, normally via Cheque.My father passed in April 2020, am i now liable to cover the outstanding fees? I am unemployed currently and need the diploma for a potential jobDo the fees not prescribe after a certain time like other debt?

Thanking you in advance

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.