I would really appreciate some legal adv...

Asked by bmill on 29-08-2018 18:20:23
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Mpumalanga
Question value: R 0.00

I would really appreciate some legal advice on this matter. 

I went to McDonald's last Friday where an employee man handled me and swung a broom at me for walking past where she was cleaning- I had not zese tye sign and it was an honest mistake. I sent an email to their head office to tell them about the matter but all I received was a call telling me that they have viewed the footage for that day and they are sorry about what happened, I must continue shopping with them. The lady did more than just manhandle me, sge insulted me in front of the people who were at the shop at the time. 

I would like to to sue McDonald's, but wonder if i have the legal grounds to do so, how do I go about it and the financial implications involved. I don't have a lot of money but I wonder if it is possible for a person of low imcoin like myself can legally stand up to such treatment. Please assist

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.