Good day. Our house is paid off and in m...

Asked by Ulalia on 22-04-2024 15:00:24
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Free State

Good day. 

Our house is paid off and in my father's name.  We want to transfer the title deed  onto my name, but we don't know where to start.  What will be the best and cheapest way to do so as my dad is a pensioner. 

We have read about the donation , but not sure how it works and whether it will be the best option for us. 

Can you please assist us to where we should start, how long it will take and costs involved more or less. At the moment we are not sure of the house value, but it's will not exceed 1million rand . 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.