How can I clear my name in a domestic vi...

Asked by Gert on 07-05-2024 17:03:49
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Limpopo

How can I clear my name in a domestic violence case with very serious allegations of sexual assault on minor children after the case was heard and I got judgement in my favour and very harsh words towards the applicant indicting she use manipulation, force to tell a lie and bribary of the said children to make her case?

The question is asked in reference to Section 11(2)(a) and 17(1)(b)of the domestic violence act stating that:

11(2)(a): No person may publish in any manner any information which might, directly or indirectly, reveal the identity of any party to the proceedings.

In light of the above can I send the judgement to parties who know about the accusations in this case?



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.