Hi there, im Pamela . I need legal advic...

Asked by Pamela on 30-01-2020 07:59:59
Question posted in the Immigration Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi there, im Pamela . I need legal advice. My dad came into South Africa when he was really young (around 16). A few years later he was arrested for being an illegal immigrant. He was later released. Now yearsss later (2017), he passed away (he was 50), we can't get a proper original death certificate because he was an illegal immigrant. What is the way forward now because everything is in his name (title deed of the house etc). We cant even get a letter of authority over the house because on the system at Home affairs he is still alive and we dont have a death certificate. Is there some thing that we can do to get his death certificate because without it, our lives are also on hold. He has 4 children, all born and bred here in south africa. Also it appeared that his ID was a duplicate. Thank you for your help

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.