My brother was nominated as an executor....

Asked by Odette on 12-06-2024 18:34:19
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

My brother was nominated as an executor. And he appointed administrators to help wind the estate. The last update regarding the estate was October 2023 and was told the first advert was placed in the paper . Since January 2024 I have been trying to get an update regarding the estate from the executor However I received no response. I retrieved the information for the administrators from the Masters office and they sent me a copy of the drafted liquidation account which has loads or errors in it. I have since February been trying to get an update from them regarding the liquidation acc and am continuously being told the executor has not responded to them. And they normally only respond to the person who appointed them. So the past 6 months nothing has been done with finalizing the liquidation acc. And I have reached my point where I have enough of this back and forth and getting no progress . What can I do. I would like to email the master and inform the master what is happening. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.