Sister 1 48 years and Sister 2 47 years ...

Asked by chris on 09-12-2020 12:18:20
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Sister 1 (48 years) and Sister 2 (47 years) resides with their elderly, disable dementia mother in Bonteheuwel, Cape Town

Sister 1 is the primary carer for elderly mother (83 years), 24/7

Sister 2 does not extend any care to her mother Secondary carer to assist Sister 1 with mother, is employed from company Robins Trust

Sister 2 dangerously and violently attacks Sister 1 threatening to kill her

Sister 1 opens case at Bishop Lavis (CAS 112/12/2020) against Sister 2

Sister 2 gets arrested But state lays the charge against Sister 2 Case gets dismissed, no reason given, Sister 1 is not consulted by state prosecutor

Sister 2 is released and sent back home


Sister 2 has on numerous occasions attacked mother even in her elderly state

Sister 2 has now attacked Sister 1 as well

Safety of mother and Sister 1 is grossly compromised

Sister 2 has history of unstable behavior and has been admitted to Valkenburg on numerous occasions.

Sister 2 is currently showing more dangerous unstable behavior and could cause the death of mother and Sister 1 and the secondary carer from the company Robins Trust

Done so far:

Had sister 2 arrested, case got dismissed

Completed form 4 (Department of Health - Form MHCA 04)

Police form completed

Police taken Sister 2 for assessment to hospital

Sister 2 sent back home


Sister 2 to either:

1. Be removed from the house and should not return

2. be remanded to Valkenburg

3. be made a ward of state

4. be re-arrested

5. Protection order (Domestic Violence, Harassment, Threats)

6. Restraining order (Domestic Violence, Harassment, Threats)

 Primary focus is the protection of mother, Sister 1 and secondary carer and for Sister 2 be permanently removed from the home to not return, for the protection of the others.

I do hope that you can kindly assist me.

Kind regards,

Christopher Smith



Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-12-2020 09:18:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to apply for the protection order due to the Domestic Violence, Harassment, and Threats!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.