Hi , I have 2 sons ages 9 and 11 , the f...

Asked by Donna Govender on 25-06-2024 09:49:01
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi , I have 2 sons ages 9 and 11 , the father of the children and I have been seperated for 5 years now , I have fortunately moved on 2 years ago , however the seperation came due to drugs and he was in a coma 5 years ago and when he woke up he came home and bust my head and took the kids away . Before moving on he and I had an agreement 2 years ago that the kids would stay by me and when i go to work daily i will leave them by him and fetch them after work , He now has the children 2 years with them sleeping on a mattress on a floor and there clothes kept outside , they have been thought to be against me , were my big son was even taken to verulum court to open an abuse case but when the social worker asked my son if he will like hes mom to be locked up and then he said no dad and i hit mum on the floor and she pushed me to wake up because dad was kicking her and i was hitting her with the cord please dont lock up mum , They are horribly scared of the dad and will say anything , He has the kids thought if i do not chase my partner I am with now away and take my their father back I can not see them , I literally do everything from food to school clothes to winter clothes to birthdays to junk to takeout everything where the father does not even spend a scent but still keeps me away i literally send mr D or Uber eats or Checkers weekly, I still help them with homework via calls now , once i am done he swears me and cuts the call , I am trying my best to keep my sanity and I do not know what to honestly do in this case . Please can someone assist me , I still have not got our divorce because I do everything and have no funds right now to get it done , please can someone help me or help on advice please 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.